Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back To School: Tips for School!

I have really been inspired lately with everything "Back to School" and since I am NOT an expert (on really anything lol) on studying tips and "stuff" I thought that I would share a few makeup tips with you all. That was a lot in one sentence but I didn't really know how to put it, lol. ANYWAYS, I wanted to share with you somethings I have learned over the years that I have found helpful and just some things to keep in mind!

My "Back to School" TIPS:

Less is more when it comes to makeup. Keep it simple for school we aren't in a beauty contest however it may seem like it. Your beautiful without a ton of makeup!

No Heavy- eyeliner and blush/bronzer. You don't want it to look like you painted on any of that!

Try to steer clear of heavy glitter. During homecoming week that is one thing but for everyday a light shimmer is much more flattering!

I recommend not applying eyeliner on your lower lash line. This isn't a BIG "no-no", however I always find that it is much more appealing at night time.


It is good to match, however blues shoes, pants, shirt and eyeshadow is taking it a bit far. Have you seen JCrew lately? You can wear anything together these days! Keep it Simple.

Keeping things simple and neutral is key. I wouldn't use school for trying out your new green eyeshadow. Instead, go for the Naked Palette and pick up so soft shimmery browns and nudes! They look fab on everyone.

As well as the lips... no red, fuchsia or anything dark! Go for nude or a light pink with some gloss! When in doubt, keep Chapstick handy! 

I always like pinning my hair back! Pony tails or sock buns are quick easy updos! Or go for just a bobby pin and pull some hair out of your face. Try the Lauren Conrad Braid, that's a classic!

I was never crazy about this but I was told once, "If you don't want anyone to know your secrets, don't write them, type them or tell them"! That's right, don't write notes. The teacher can take them, read them or someone else could find it or loose it! It's best to just keep some things to yourself! lol.



...


I hope that this post was somewhat helpful for you! Like I said, I'm not an expert. I just know what works best for me. For more great tips on being classic check out these books!

What are some of your favorite Back to School Tips?!

XOXO,
Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Such great tips for school! Wonderful post!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete