Wednesday, April 22, 2015

10 Ways to Fully Take in Spring! {Happy Earth Day}



Be sure to shop the widget below for some of my favorite spring items!

With all of the beautiful, warm, and sunny weather in VA recently, I was inspired to share with you some of my favorite things to do during Spring! I hope that you enjoy and give a few of these a try!

Try out a healthy recipe
I love to cook! Especially when it's warm and I can grill out and just really enjoy the weather! (Who am I kidding, Jay does all the grilling!) Spring is the time to start getting some of the seasons fresh fruits and vegetables. Check the blogs you follow and see if they are posting any recipe ideas for spring, or just got out on a limb and make up something delicious yourself! I find that the best recipes usually come from accidents (like I use the wrong ingredient, lol) or just simply coming up with something that you think sounds good! Here are some recipes I want to try for spring:

Study/ read outside
What better way is there to study then outside? Get out on your schools lawn, or your own home lawn, and study for your finals. The fresh air and sunshine are guaranteed to bring you some inspiration! See my post where I share my tips for finals here!

Run a 5k 
Spring is the season for 5k's its seems. I ran/walked my first 5k this year and could not be more proud of myself. I have always been terrified to sign up for one, in fact I have signed up and not attended- but that's not the point, lol. Running that 5k is one of the best things I have ever done! It gave me inspiration and confidence in myself that I. Can. Do. It! And you can too!

Go to a Farmers Market {buy fresh fruit, flowers, and/or Vegetable}
I am going to keep it short, because I could go on and on (and on, and on, and on…) about Farmers Markets. They are the best and are so fun! You can get all kinds of fresh vegetables, fruits, flowers, honey, organically raised meats, jellies, pies and more! My community has a few great Farmers Markets and the Colonial Williamsburg is my favorite! Plus, they have lambs close by :)

Clean small spaces
I always find that just taking 5 minutes to clean up a small space can be so beneficial for the overall picture of the room and for your mind! If you would like to see a post on ideas/tips for this let me know!

Plant a garden or flowers
If you know me personally, you know I love to garden. It is "my happy place." However, it isn't easy and requires time and dedication, but the end reward makes all the hard work worth it! If you are new to gardening, and aren't ready to take on a full garden, try planting a few herbs in pots or even a tomato plant. Take time to slowly grow your garden to the size you want it to be. I am starting a much bigger garden this year then what I have had in the past and I can't wait to share pictures with you!

Update your wardrobe
Take a few minutes to go through your clothes and get rid of things that you don't wear anymore! Donate them, sell them, do whatever your want with them just get them out. Then, you will have room, and may not feel as guilty, to buy some new clothes!

Go for a bike ride
I love to go bike riding! Find a safe and pretty location to go for a quick ride. You will be surprised how much fresh our you will get!

Make a fresh smoothie
I love to make homemade smoothies, or juices, and I have even gotten Jay hooked! He loves them. I actually don't add any yogurt. I just use some frozen fruit and almond milk to get a good base. Some of my favorite ingredients are: bananas, strawberries, pineapple, spinach and blueberries. What do you like in your smoothies?

Play outside with your pup
Lastly, take your pup outside and just play! Worm loves when Jay and I play with him outside, but I have to admit I think he likes Jay more:) In the end it doesn't matter what your are doing, just get outside!

One of my favorite things about spring is that there are surprises, and baby animals, around every corner. Often times our lives are so busy that we don't have, or take, the time to enjoy simply go on a walk and take in nature. Just taking a few minutes out of your day can be very healthy and beneficial to your mind and body!

What are your favorite things to do during spring?


No comments:

Post a Comment