Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tinted Lip Balm Reviews!




 I said in one of my recent videos that I would do a review of my tinted lip balms. I have been loving these the past couple of months. They are so easy to throw on and throw in my purse, they are just simple and I love that! I have tried three different brands: Maybelline, Chanel, and YSL. I have weighed the pros and cons of each and I wanted to share with you what I thought about each. 

Maybelline Color Whisper
Retails for $7.49




I tried two of the Maybelline Color Whisper lip balms a bright pink and a nude. Each of these colors are very pigmented. I have found that I like to mix the two colors, that way they make a bright/light pink color. The nude is a bit too nude for me, but the bright pink is pretty. As far as the formula I have found it to be a little too dry for me. So overall I like the pigmentation but the formula is a little dry. 

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine
Retails for $34.00




For Christmas, my parents bought me the Boy color. I fell in love with it! It is a great lip color for everyday, so is Aventure. I would say that Boy is more of a winter color and Aventure is more of a spring and summer color. The formula of these is really good, it is moisturizing but not over glossy. The color pigmentation of these are great! I love the formula and the pigmentation. If you are looking for more lip color these are definitely the way to go. They are pricey but they are worth the money.

YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy
Retails for $32.00





The first YSL lip products I purchased was the Juicy Grapefruit. It was love at first application. Let me tell you this is the absolute best lip product for me. I LOVE it, It is a very fair light pink shimmery color. But the formula of these lip products are by far the best formulation I have ever had. It is perfect for any time of the year. I used the majority of mine up in the summer. It is so easy to just throw on. I believe these may have SPF, I think they do. But these are amazing. I decided to by the brighter color for the summer and I love it also. It isn't crazy pigmented but it is a nice wash of color. I love the packaging for YSL lip products. I have bought one of their lipsticks and have never been disappointed in any thing I have purchased from YSL. Overall these lip balms are my favorite. They are moisturizing  and glossy. I love them!!

I hope this post was helpful for you. I would have to rate them 1. YSL 2. Chanel 3. Maybelline. I haven't tried the Revlon lip butters but I have heard they are good. Let me know if you have any question or want any more information!

Thank you for reading. lol

xoxo,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment