Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring Pea Salad Recipe






Spring is here (at least it looks like it is, it is still freezing in Va) and Easter is right around the corner! This week I will be sharing with you so of my favorite things for Easter and today we are starting with a recipe!

I love to cook. I love to eat. I love food. 

There are always many delicious recipes in my family no matter the time of year. Pea Salad is one of my favorite side dishes for spring (and summer), so I wanted to share it with you! It is super easy to make and can be made ahead, in fact it get's better if it has time to sit in the fridge overnight. I'm not sure where my mom acquired this recipe, but if I can find out where it is from originally I will be sure to note it!

Recipe:
1 bag frozen sweet peas (thawed)
2 hard boiled eggs
4 to 6 slices of bacon (chopped)
1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream


Mix all ingredients together, except peas, until fully combined. Once combined, stir in peas and allow to sit in fridge overnight or for at least a few hours. 

This recipe is great for spring and summer, or really anytime of the year! It combines bright spring colors (sweet peas) with the home-like comfort foods (mayonnaise, cheese and bacon). It is the perfect combo to take to a dinner party, brunch, lunch or a cook out!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe and if you try it out be sure to let me know! I would love to see your pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment