Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Favorite: All Time go-to Cleanser, Cetaphil



Happy Hump Day! I hope you are all having a good week so far. I am so glad that the sun has finally came out where I live. I has been so cloudy and rainy, and that is just down right depressing. Today I am going to be talking about my second “My Favorite” products and we are going to be discussing skincare. 

So let’s get to talking...

My obsession with the cleanser started back when I first started getting bad acne. I went to see a dermatologist and they told me to try using the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. So I did. I never really thought too much about it, I was just like O.K. they want me to use it, so I will. That’s what I did. Finally after my like tenth bottle, I realized that I must actually like it. There are many things about this cleanser that I like, but my overall favorite thing is it’s simplicity.




I use the cleanser for normal to oily skin. I would say that my skin is probably less oily than it used to be, because I take acne medicine now, but I still have my fair share of grease. Ewww. It’s not fun to have pools of oil sitting on your face, it just makes you feel oily. But honestly, I think this cleanser can work for everyone. I believe they have a version for normal to dry skin, which is probably awesome too! 

The bottle claims that it “Removes excess oil without drying” which I agree with. It is able to clean your skin and remove dirt without causing irritation or drying. I am kind of odd, maybe not, when it comes to a facial cleanser. It must be because I have always had really oily skin, but when I wash my face I want it to feel CLEAN. I like it to feel tingly, sparkly, clean. This was the first cleanser that I found that didn’t feel like it stripped my skin of essential oils, but still gave em the satisfaction of sparkly clean. It doesn’t have a strong scent, although the little bit it has I don’t care for. It is a clear gel/soap that cleans my skin perfectly.

When I first saw a dermatologist they gave me this creme that made my skin burn and peel, it was awful. When I would wash my face, it had become so sensitive I couldn’t even use a wash cloth to rinse of the cleanser. It hurt so bad I would cry and cry. But it’s crazy because the cleanser didn’t burn at all.

I have owned many bottles of this cleanser and will continue to buy it. I love how gentle it is but that it is still effective. You only need a little bit and it will last forever, plus it’s cheap! I have friends who claim that only Cetaphil lotions and cremes will solve their dry skin.

I apologize for rambling so much, but I felt that I was important to share all of my experience with this cleanser with you to give a full review.




Overall this cleanser IS:
Gentle 
Effective for removing oil
Inexpensive
Non-comedogenic
Non-irritating
Dermatologist reccomended
My all time go-to cleanser!

I hope that you were able to stick through this long post! I also hope that you found this helpful. If so, please be sure to share it with someone! Thank you all for stopping by!

Be sure to check out my first post in this series here on my favorite mascara.

XOXO,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment