Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Favorites: Mascara, Le Volume de Chanel




I finally decided to go ahead and do a "My Favorites" series of blogposts. In this mini series of post, I am going to try some of my stand out, long time use products. I am going to try to range them from beauty, hair, skincare, and maybe even fashion. If you have any requests of a specific type item that you would like to know my all time favorite please let me know in a comment, I would love to do that! Although over time many of my "favorite" products change, I will try to stick to things that are all time holy grail items and/or things I have been using recently, for a good while that is. I will be sure ot distinguish the difference and try to tell you how long I have been using each product! 

On that note... Let's JUMP on into the first item!

I decided that I rave and rave about this product all of the time, you're probably tired of hearing about it,  so it would be best to do it first and "get it out of the way"? Anyways, the one and only Le Volume de Chanel has been a recent but on going mascara favorite of mine since I believe about October or November of 2012. I first received this product as a sample from a lady at my Chanel counter. She informed me that it would not be available for a while, but that I should try it! THANK YOU to her! I instantly fell in love. I can not tell you how many tubes of this I have used and repurchased. I have used up so many. I am the type of person who usually doesn't repurchase too many things, I like to experiment with new products each time. But, with this, I have only bought one other mascara in this time frame and I really don't use it all that often. I am terrified that Chanel will stop selling this and then I will be lost ( ok, maybe a little exaggeration).  Still this product is fabulous!

You're probably wondering, " Is she ever going to tell us why she likes it"?! lol

There are many things that I love about this mascara and only a few things that I don't like. I really love the formula and the brush for this mascara. The formula is very volumizing and lengthening. I feel that it really gives me the effect of false lashes, which I love. I also really like the packaging. I like how sophisticated and classy Chanel packaging is. I am a huge fan of black, I just think it's so classy! In my opinion the formula of this mascara get's better after a little time. I really don't like it for the first few uses, it is too wet for me.

One of my favorite things about this mascara, other than the formula obviously, is the brush.




This is my absolute favorite mascara of the moment and has been for the past 6 months or more. I have never tried the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara, which I have heard is similar and/or has been a long time favorite of many people. I am interested in trying it, it may be my next purchase. If you have tried both of these I would love to know which one you like better?


Don't you just love that logo?!


I have the black #10 shade.

Check out these posts to see up close pictures of me wearing this mascara. But, I usually wear it in most all of my videos, because I wear it about everyday! 


The Mascara retails for $30.00, view more info here.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope that you found this helpful. If so, be sure to share it! Also, if you like this style post please let me know so I can continue to do more of these. & if you have any requests of reviews or anything just ask in a comment!

XOXO,
Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com. Will be doing a giveaway soon

    ReplyDelete