Tuesday, June 23, 2015

5 Summer Beauty Tips



Since it is now officially summer, and currently blaming hot in VA, I feel the need to call attention to summer beauty swaps! We all love our flip flops, swimsuits, sunglass and floppy/baseball hats, but we can't forget about summer beauty products. No matter the time of the year, I am always game to talk beauty [but you probably know that by now, right?! lol], but each season has it's trends and
"must have" products.

3 rules of summer beauty: 1. Moisturize [moisturize, moisturize], 2. Use sun protection, and 3. Use as little product as possible.


I'm sure that you are just as obsessed with hot pink lipstick as I am [however I feel like it never looks that good on me] so I went ahead and left that off of the list, however I figured that was a given.

5 Summer Beauty Tips:


Lighten it up
The most important tip that I can give you for summer beauty is to "lighten it up." No matter what it  is, whether it is eyeliner, perfume, hair product, foundation or anything else, just lighten it up! Use a lighter scented fragrance, such as something that is more floral and clean feeling. I also like to go lighter on the eyeliner. I am not really into heavy eyeliner, but I especially don't like it in the summer! Try to use as little products as possible, that way it hopefully won't slide off of your face like a pancake [sometimes my sunglasses slide off of my face if my makeup is too heavy] and we never want that! So no matter the product, just try to keep the color, feel and scent light!

Use a Tinted Moisturizer or BB Cream instead of Foundation
I just purchased by first Tinted Moisturizer a few weeks ago [this one] and I have to say that I am already in love! At first, I wasn't sure since I am used to much more coverage, but now I am completely loving it! Wearing sunscreen is so important all times of the year, but especially during the summer. Some foundations don't have sunscreen, but most tinted moisturizers do. So even if you need more coverage, just add a little bit of foundation over top of your tinter moisturizer.

Waterproof Products are Friend's
During the warmer months, when we tend to sweat profusely much more and going swimming more often, waterproof beauty products come in handy! Whether it is eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, or brow products, waterproof is always a good idea! Even if you aren't planning on going to the pool or beach, sweating from the heat can cause makeup to run and nobody wants mascara in there eyes #ouchie. I love these waterproof eyeshadows from MUFE.

Choose Cream Products of Powder
The warm weather can often cause powder products to look cakey or distorted on the face. So opting for cream products not only makes for a better application, and lasting quality, but also for a more natural look. I think that in the summer, natural beauty is key.

Care for your Hair

The sun, although very beautiful, can be extremely damaging to many things including our hair and skin. Some companies have produced sunscreen for your hair, I have yet to try one, that are supposed to protect your hair from the sun! However, if you aren't into that you can always wear a hat to not only protect your hair from the damaging sun rays, but to protect your hair color as eel, if you have color treated hair. Also, it would be a good idea to think about adding a hydrating mask into your hair care routine [if you don't already] in order to ensure you replenish your hair's moisture and help make it more healthy!




I hope that you find these tips helpful and try them out! I will be trying to add in some quick (5) tip posts into my blog, please let me know if you like them! If you have any requests, for tips, just let me know :) I will link some of my favorite summer beauty products below, so be sure to check those out!

SHOP THIS POST:

What is your favorite summer beauty product?





No comments:

Post a Comment