Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tasty and Easy Salmon Recipe






I have not always been a lover of salmon. In fact, for the longest time I wouldn't even try it. Jay's dad grilled salmon for a family dinner and I instantly fell. in. love. Ever since then, I was constantly asking Jay when his dad would be fixing it again and praying that that's what he would be making for dinner at every birthday and holiday party. Eventually I got bold and asked for his recipe. I was PLEASANTLY surprised to find out that the recipe was so simple and I modified it to make it even more simple

I still have the original recipe and a go buy it every now and then, but for the most part I use my modified version (which is VERY simple)!


RECIPE
For the Costco (my family buys everything there) size salmon:
Lemons:I used 2 lemons for this salmon + more for serving (I like extra lemon!)
Olive Oil 
Lemon Pepper




I squeeze as much lemon on the salmon as I want (I usually use quite a bit, but whatever you prefer works just fine)! Then I brush the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with it lemon pepper. 
*Repeat this process to both sides of the salmon*


During the warmer months, Jay will grill the salmon on a charcoal grill and it is heaven sent! #ahhhmazing But, when it's cold we just pop the salmon in the oven for a little bit until done.

The salmon is quick to cook. It should be opaque throughout and should flake with a fork.
I absolutely LOVE  this recipe because it is easy, quick, does not require planning and is absolutely divine. It doesn't require any measuring, you can just (literally) plop all of the ingredients on and it will taste delicious! Just be sure to evenly spread the ingredients throughout!

I hope that you find this recipe simple and delicious, because I sure do! Please let me know if you would like to see more recipes! I LOVE to cook and love to eat even more, I'm definitely a foodie and would love to do more food posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment