Friday, January 30, 2015

DIY Lip and Hand Scrub


Happy Friday y'all! Today I'm going to be sharing with you my favorite lip (or hand) scrub recipe! Valentine's Day is right around the corner and, if you are planning on going on a date, you want your lips to be luscious (lol)


During the winter months my lips get so dry and flakey! I like to use a lip scrub now and then, and there are some great options out there for purchasing a lip scrub. However, since I don't use a lip scrub on a daily basis, I always like to make one at home. They are so easy to make and you can make as much, or as little, as you want. You can personalize your lip scrub and add what ever "flavors" you like!


What you will need:
1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (melted)
1 Tablespoon of Honey
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Combine all ingredients together until completely mixed.

This lip scrub is great because it can be used on your hands, but it is still gentle enough for your lips! This honey, vanilla and coconut is my favorite combination to make. This can be made from things found right in your kitchen and is completely edible, and delicious I must say!










The coconut oil in the scrub leaves your hands and lips moisturized after you rinse it (or eat it off your lips)! After using a scrub it is important to moisturize. Since this contains coconut oil it helps to moisturize, but I still like to add a little extra moisture. It is always a good idea to apply a hand creme and/or a lip moisturizer. My favorites are the Caudalie Hand and Nail Creme and Aquaphor Healing Ointment (for my lips).


I just store the lip scrub in a container. It will last up to a week (or probably longer). I hope that you try this out, be sure to let me know if you do. 
What are your favorite ingredients to add to a homemade lip scrub?



No comments:

Post a Comment